Hestia was the first born child of the Titans Kronos and Rhea. She was the goddess of the hearth and home, and every household in Greece had a sacrificial flame in her honor. Like Demeter, Hera, Hades, and Poseidon, she was swallowed by Kronos, and spent her childhood inside of his stomach, waiting for her brother, Zeus, to come and rescue her and her siblings.
When Dionysus became an Olympian, she gave up her seat on Olympus to avoid conflict, fading into the background to tend the hearth of the Olympians instead. She appears to be of a calm and humble disposition, and tells Percy that not all powers are spectacular. She vowed on the head of Zeus to be a virgin forever, and therefore has no demigod children.
- Control over fire as the personification of the hearth.
- Can allow others to witness events from the past, present, and future that deal with the family
- As the goddess of home and family, all things related to homes and family relationships are under her power.
- Can summon delicious food, a power also exhibited by Hera.
- Possesses the standard abilities of a goddess.